The following map of the entire course is interactive and is linked to ridewithgps.com. To achieve a full screen view of the map, click on “View Full Version” in the upper left of the map image. When viewing the interactive map, you can highlight a section of the course to view a more detailed elevation chart of that section. To view a more detailed section:
- Move your cursor along the x-axis (mileage) of the elevation graph. Mileage, elevation, and % grade will be displayed.
- Click and hold a beginning point on the elevation graph. Drag your cursor and highlight the segment/distance that you wish to view in greater detail. When you release your mouse, the highlighted segment will be displayed.
- To return to the full graph, single click the “de-select” button or single click the graph.
4-Mile Course Notes:
- The Start and Finish Lines for the 4-Mile are located on the gravel road of The Woodshed.
- The course is predominantly paved with 3 dirt/gravel road sections:
- The first dirt/gravel section is the Start – Mile 0.15.
- The second section follows a private right-of-way along Call Creek (Mile 2.0 – 3.0).
- The Finish is on the gravel/dirt road of The Woodshed.
- Race Flow:
- Start – Mile 0.5: Gradual uphill start with rolling hills to Mile 0.5
- Mile 0.5 – 1.4: Long downhill (-253 ft). Easy warm-up, but save those quads.
- Mile 1.4 – 1.7: Flat along the New River as you progress through downtown Fleetwood (-8 ft).
- Mile 1.7 – 1.9: A short climb as you depart the river valley and enter an enchanting private gravel lane along Call Creek.
- IMPORTANT: Mack Woodie Dr (Mile 1.9 – 3.1) is a private right-of-way and can only be accessed during the New River Marathon. DO NOT attempt to run this section outside of NRM.
- Mile 1.9 – 3.1: Only +29 ft on this scenic stretch as you prepare for the final uphill and the push to the finish, but the one short, steep incline may give the perception of a greater gain.
- Mile 3.1 – 3.6: The end is near! Hang in there! (+196 ft)
- Mile 3.6 – Finish: To The FINISH!
- Support Stations: One station at Mile 3. Refer to the Race Day Logistics page for details.